Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to MUST Ministries for fresh articles!
MUST Save It Forward
Serving Children and Families in Crisis
MUST Save It Forward's mission is to eliminate hunger for at-risk students in local schools so they have a greater opportunity to succeed in school and life. We partner with schools by providing food and toiletries to children and families in need through our campus-based food pantry program. We work very closely with school social workers and counselors to identify children and families in crisis and serve them on a monthly basis throughout the year. One of the unique things about our program is how we empower the community to stock the food pantries by coupon shopping. Below you will find more information about how you can "Save It Forward" for kids in need in local schools.
“There have been times when I wondered what dinner would be, only to realize it was pick up day. I thank you all so very much.”
--A Save It Forward parent
1 in 4 Children
- 1 in 4 children in Georgia does not have enough to eat. This is equivalent to 650,970 children.
- Nearly half of all children in Georgia live in low income households
- 60% of children in Georgia are eligible for free or reduced lunches
How it Works
- Volunteer shoppers receive weekly email shopping lists and buy items listed (less than $6 total) to donate to MUST
- The food and toiletries they buy stock the shelves at MUST school pantries
- Children and families in need receive groceries at the MUST Save it Forward Food Pantry in their schools
How Can You Help?
Become a Volunteer Shopper
- Email Kristy Steely and request to be added to our weekly email distribution list. You will begin receiving emailed shopping lists each week. The total cost of items on each list is less than $6. The items can be dropped off at the MUST Donation Center, 1280 Field Parkway, Marietta, any time Tuesday - Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Volunteer with Us
- Volunteers are needed to sort through food donations, stock shelves, and serve families.
Give to MUST Save it Foward
- For $25 a month, you can adopt a family in need and help to provide 75 lbs. of food and toiletries
- For more information about MUST Save It Forward, please contact Yvonne Byars at [email protected].
- For help with food drive logistics, please contact Kimberly O'Connor at [email protected].
- To volunteer or for help with couponing, please contact Kristy Steely at [email protected].
- To designate a donation to MUST Save It Forward, please click here.
- Lists are posted each week on our Facebook group page.
- To see a list of our schools, please click here.